PURPOSE, DISCLAIMER AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
© 1999 Citizens Against Wrongful Arrests
- This webpage is published by Citizens Against Wrongful Arrests (CAWA). CAWA is currently an unincorporated association made up of citizens who are extremely concerned and embarrassed, by the fact that the United States of America has a higher percentage of itís population incarcerated or on parole than any other nation on the planet.
- The purpose of CAWA and this webpage is limited to educating the public about DUI related issues and providing information and support for otherwise law abiding citizens who have been criminalized by unnecessary, draconian, Low BAC drinking driver laws.
- CAWA is opposed to attempts by MADD , the NHTSA and the DOT to impose a national 0.08% BAC per se law. CAWA believes that proponents of the Low BAC law are merely serving a narrow, anti-alcohol political agenda that has no real public safety benefits.
- CAWA is only concerned with national drug policy issues to the extent that those issues impact DUI laws.
- Nothing contained in this webpage is intended to condone, support or justify the abuse of alcoholic beverages or the operation of motor vehicles or heavy equipment while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Nothing contained in this webpage is intended, nor should it be construed, to constitute legal advice of any kind. DUI is a serious crime and is becoming a more serious crime every day. Always seek the assistance of competent legal counsel when confronted with legal issues.
- The contributors to this webpage currently believe that they reside in a country where they can still exercise their constitutional right to free speech. The contributors choose to remain anonymous in order to avoid becoming disabused of that belief.
- This webpage was inspired by Officer D. H. of the Gwinnett County, Georgia Police Department.
Home , Just the Facts MADDam , Are You a Cowboy Cop , MADDs real agenda,
Notes from the Underground , MADD's Tax Exempt Status , Policy May Be Causing Unnecessary Deaths , Links